The demand for men’s skincare products is growing rapidly across the world. In the USA a recent survey found that over 80% of men aged 18-44 are currently using skincare products and more than one-third of American dads claim to care about looking after their skin and want to prevent signs of aging.
Men in Australia have been a little slower to adopt the regular use of skincare products, but the latest study conducted by Roy Morgan in 2016 indicated that 3.7 million Australian men aged 14+ purchased at least one skincare product over any six-month period which equates to 38% of the age group. Whilst this is less than 50% of the number of women buying skincare products, the number is growing rapidly.
Back in 2016 the most popular products in this research study were found to be:
- Hand-and-body lotion, purchased by 27% in an average six months
- Facial moisturiser (21.5%)
- Facial cleanser (17.8%)
Whilst these core male grooming products are still very much in demand, we are also seeing growth in products that address the following concerns:
- Concerns among men with skin conditions such as acne and dermatitis
- Helping to prevent aging
- Wanting to improve their appearance including the reduction of pigmentation
The type of products in demand are therefore ones that address the above concerns and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
In addition to these active products, natural/organic products are also rising in popularity.
Are AMPERNA® Products Suitable for Men Too?
The short answer is yes.
AMPERNA® products have been thoroughly tested on men and women with a range of skin concerns including eczema, perioral dermatitis, rosacea, acne prone skin and more. The range is made in Australia, is cruelty-free, vegan and suitable for all skin types, including even the most sensitive skin.
AMPERNA® has been internationally recognised by the skincare industry for the effectiveness of the products. The skincare is holistic and effective, driven by founder Kiri’s deep personal understanding of the challenges faced by having problem skin. In fact, the products were formulated because of Kiri’s struggles with pustular acne.
For men suffering with acne or other skin conditions the AMPERNA® range can help.
Products that are in hot demand from men are:
- AMPERNA® Ultra Gentle Soothing Cleanser is a light gel cleanser specifically formulated with sensitive skin in mind. This ultra-gentle formulation contains an infusion of sage and cucumber extracts to cool, soothe and nourish skin. It rinses clean without leaving an irritating residue or upsetting pH levels.
- AMPERNA® Probiotic+ DS Soothing Serum helps to reduce the appearance of redness as well as cooling and soothing irritated skin. The zinc and copper gluconates help to limit bacterial proliferation and replenish the skin barrier.
- AMPERNA® 10% Pro+ Resurfacing Lotion. This gentle leave on exfoliating lotion contains 10% glycolic acid (AHA) and antioxidants to help calm redness and improve the skin’s texture.
These can be used as part of a daily skincare routine, which should include:
- Start by thoroughly washing your hands to get rid of dirt and germs
- Follow with good cleansing & moisturising routine
- Treat the skin with suitable “active” products as required
- Protecting your skin from the sun
Here are What Male Customers Have to Say After Using AMPERNA® Products
‘As someone who has never had smooth skin, with a combination of sun exposure, heavy workouts, dry office environments and blemishes, I was intrigued but had reserved expectations of the AMPERNA® skincare range. I’ve never liked my skin; I’ve always been self-conscious of the flaws that I’ve seen in the mirror and the concerned comments from well-meaning family and friends. My skin has been always prone to comedones, dry spots and breaking out due to stress’.
After using the products, Adrian was delighted with the results:
‘What I’m seeing in the mirror as I’ve been using AMPERNA®’s products is nothing short of amazing and I’m extremely glad to have been using them. The products are not only easy to use, they are a low maintenance regime (which works great for me as a guy) with visible results and the immediate sensation with using these products is fantastic’.
‘I've been prone to breakouts ever since I was a teenager, but never really considered skincare as something that I needed. After starting using AMPERNA®’s products, I wish I had started sooner.
I cleanse twice daily with the Ultra Gentle Soothing Cleanser, and use the Pro+ Vitamin C Hyaluronic Serum in the evenings to help with the fine lines appearing as I get older. The Cleanser does a great job at keeping my breakouts at bay and if I do get the occasional pimple then I'll spot treat it with the 10% Pro+ Resurfacing Lotion.
I'm super happy with the results of just a few extra minutes effort every day, and am happy to recommend AMPERNA® to any one that I can’.
Wesley Taylor, Sydney
'I’m so impressed with your product I have been telling all my friends and so many people have asked me what I have been doing. I have stopped all antibiotics that didnt seem to be helping and have regularly applied your products. The change is just unbelievable I have struggled with seborrheic Dermatitis for nearly four years'.
Gav Haussman, Sydney
If you would like to find out more about the AMPERNA® range and how it is suitable for your skin type, Kiri is here to help you and you can contact her here.