If you have suffered from acne and rosacea for an extended period or have only recently started to suffer one or more of these skin conditions, you can wonder who to turn to for help.
Both conditions affect millions of Australians and left untreated, or treated without results, it can lead to severe distress.
Whilst it is tough to suffer from acne and rosacea, there is hope in helping to better manage these skin conditions.
If You Suffer Acne and Rosacea You are not Alone
Acne affects up to 8 in 10 Australians. It occurs when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Whiteheads, blackheads or pimples can then start to appear on the face, chest, upper back and shoulders. Rosacea is also common. Symptoms include redness, small bumps and visible blood vessels, normally on the face. It can sometimes be mistaken for acne due to the production of small, red, pus-filled bumps.
Who to Turn to?
If you have either of these skin conditions, you may have quickly turned into solution mode. This often means rushing to the chemist or beauty salon and seeking topical treatments or searching online for answers. If you are a long-term sufferer, you may wonder who or where to turn to next.
Doctors, dermatologists, pharmacists, naturopaths and beauticians have a varying level of expertise and are often the people we turn to i.e.
- Doctors can help you confirm the symptoms and prescribe medication such as antibiotics or refer you to a dermatologist. Time is normally limited to a quick 15-minute consultation.
- A dermatologist is a doctor who specialises in the treatment of skin conditions such as acne and rosacea. They have an in-depth knowledge to help you find suitable treatment options.
- Naturopaths generally take a holistic/whole body approach to skincare, so will work with you on your diet, lifestyle and stress levels in conjunction with topical treatments
- A beautician may see you on regular occasions to provide relevant treatments for acne i.e. extractions and scarring treatment for acne is widely used, and rosacea where calming and hydrating treatments are often recommended.
A service you may not have heard of is SKINCARE COACHING.
Why Consider a Skincare Coach?
When our skin health is compromised, it can have a devastating effect on our health, self-esteem and our emotional state.
A skincare coach can offer you support in your journey, with the advantages being:
- They may have suffered similar skin conditions and provide you with their personal insights
- A coach may offer you more time than other services i.e. regular catch ups to help support you
- A truly personalised service (just like we have come to expect from one on one personal trainers)
Skincare Coaching for Acne and Rosacea
In 2019, Kiri Yanchenko, founder of AMPERNA®, founded AMPERNA® Holistic Skin Coaching Service. The service gives people the opportunity to discuss their skin concerns and develop a tailored plan to work towards healthy glowing skin. This is also a way for people to understand what the products contain and how they are made.
How can Kiri Help with Acne and Rosacea?
Kiri Yanchenko, founder of AMPERNA® has firsthand experience with adult acne
When she was 30, her father developed a serious illness. His health deteriorated quickly, and Kiri, being his sole carer, soon found herself battling with her own health issues. To help deal with the situation, she was prescribed medication, which had acute side effects and her skin went from normal to unbearable almost overnight.
She developed a severe case of pustular acne that was so painful she could not sleep at night. She then developed perioral dermatitis, a common facial irritation that manifests as spots and flaky skin around the mouth and chin.
AMPERNA® products can help acne and rosacea through the power of probiotics
For people suffering with acne and rosacea the entire AMPERNA® range is suitable. In fact, the products were formulated because of Kiri’s struggles with pustular acne.
Probiotics work in a similar way to antibiotics to help acne and rosacea, with the advantage of not killing off the “good bacteria”. When applied directly to the skin they create a “bacterial interference" and their antimicrobial properties mean they can help kill the bad bacteria that is responsible for triggering inflammation.
For people suffering with these skin conditions, the entire AMPERNA® product range can help:
- AMPERNA® Ultra Gentle Soothing Cleanser is a light gel cleanser specifically formulated with sensitive skin in mind. This ultra-gentle formulation contains an infusion of sage and cucumber extracts to cool, soothe and nourish skin. It rinses clean without leaving an irritating residue or upsetting pH levels.
- AMPERNA® Probiotic+ DS Soothing Serum helps to reduce the appearance of redness as well as cooling and soothing irritated skin. The zinc and copper gluconates help to limit bacterial proliferation and replenish the skin barrier.
- AMPERNA® Lightweight Soothing+ Emulsion Moisturiser contains a unique probiotic complex that helps promote the appearance of fresh skin.
- Kiri offers options for regular consultations to help you through your skincare journey
Kiri will be your personal skin coach. She will work with you closely to thoroughly understand your skincare history and factors contributing to your skin problems.
You can select from a range of options to fit your needs, ranging from an hourly based consultation to a monthly reoccurring routine.