Patch Testing Guide
We are delighted that you selected AMPERNA® products as part of your approach to holistic skin health. Our entire range has been designed for people with even the most dry and sensitive skin and a variety of skin conditions.
Whilst the range has been tested on eczema, rosacea, acne prone skin, perioral dermatitis and more, in rare cases certain ingredients can irritate even the most normal and sensitive skin types.
Prior to introducing any new products into your skincare routine, we recommend the first step is to perform a patch test. This will help you identify any signs of a reaction such as redness, itching, burning or rashes.
How to Perform a Patch Test
- Apply a small amount of the product to a clean, discreet patch of skin. Places such as behind your ears, under your jaw, or the side of you neck are good places to test as they can be easily covered if there is a reaction.
- Keep the area dry and do not use any other products on or around the area you are testing.
- Wait up to 48 hours and look at the area for any signs of irritation such as redness, swelling or rashes.
- If irritation occurs the best thing to do is wash the area with water and do not continue using the product until you have contacted AMPERNA® founder, Kiri, for support.
- If no irritation occurs, follow the instructions on the label and incorporate the product into your skincare regime.
Kiri is here to help you and offers a Holistic Skin Coaching service. If you have any concerns and would like ongoing help with your skin, which includes introducing and using our products, please contact us or email us any time.
Our patch testing guide is recommended to determine initial irritation reactions to our product range. We cannot guarantee similar results when applied to other areas of the body or after prolonged use.
Our guidance does not account for any underlying health conditions and should not be used to diagnose conditions such as hypersensitivity or allergic contact dermatitis.
Should you be concerned about starting a new product, consult a dermatologist prior to use.